Friday, June 12, 2009

Q-C Times Links and Update, from Davenport

.
DAVENPORT--I won't link to every story I've written so far, but here's a few of the highlights...

- Bettendorf soccer guys knock off Dubuque Hempstead (first story)
- Clinton sweeps Davenport Central doubleheader (first baseball game I've ever covered)
- Moline season ends in Bloomington (with video)
- Jim Hallihan pimps Iowa Summer Games (this guy is a SERIOUS contender for June or July Sportsman Of The Month. What a great 45-minute interview that was.)
- Iowa girls' soccer state tourney: Davenport Assumption and Pleasant Valley go down in first round

And a video daily double: PV's Anna Aquino and Assumption's coach Rob Eckert. It's unbelievable how different my interviewing life has become in the past two weeks; we now use these little Flip video cameras to capture video, and they are spectacular at picking up the audio. Since you can't hold a Flip and a recorder to someone's mouth at the same time, I feel like I'm cheating on my recorder, but that's the way this business is evolving.

I think I'll have a chance to pen my first real Mile High Musings in a while on Monday. Lots of goings on in sports, and I'll have ample time to write them, for a change. Have a great weekend, everyone!

-AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment